- Dogs are made of love and fur – Absolutely true, most dogs know pure love and they are happy to share it.
- Dogs are a sure thing – False, they can be just as unpredictable as any of us humans. They are intelligent beings with complex emotions.
- Dogs are like ice cream; reliably delicious – Some dogs are and some are more challenging. We love them all, but there are some dogs that are only delicious part of the time, kinda like us 2 legged folks.
- If you had a tail, wouldn’t you wag it – Yes, I would for sure, it’s a great way to express yourself. Don’t be fooled, a dogs tail wagging doesn’t always mean it’s friendly, it can be arousal, on alert.
- Dogs make great therapists – Definitely true, most love to be talked to and I think they like to be included in a conversation. Some dogs enjoy just being with their human so much, they will sit and listen intently. I have many conversations with my boys, sometimes they listen, others not. Do they understand me….. no.
- There are no bad dogs – False, there absolutely are dogs that are mentally unstable, even dangerous. So the statement that there are only bad people, not bad dogs is false. Generally, people are responsible for the “badness” in dogs, but there are devil pups, bad breeding, mental illness that makes dogs who are not for this world.
- Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell. Emily Dickinson This is so true, they will keep all your deepest darkest secrets and that in itself is a huge gift to humans.
- Happiness is a warm puppy. Charles M. Schulz True for sure. There’s nothing like burying your face in puppy fur and getting a good whiff!
- If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.Harry S. Truman Probably true in the world of politics.
- And my favorite!!! Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. Roger Caras This is so true for me. My dogs enrich every day for me.
A few quotes I wrote:
Dogs are masters of carpe diem; they know how to live in the moment. Juliet Whitfield
Each dog is as different as each of us humans. Juliet Whitfield
Dogs will listen intently and offer solace, they don’t need to know the problem, and they just know how to love. Juliet Whitfield