This is my first participation in the Go Pet Friendly Pet Blogger Challenge. I’m excited to meet other great pet bloggers and hear their tales. I have just finished my first week of living in my motorhome, and owe my friends an update. I’ve been very busy getting my little house in order, so hang tight, I promise to give you some good stories. Thanks to Amy at Go Pet Friendly.com for getting all of the bloggers together, very fun!
- How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
I’ve been blogging for only a few months. My blog has been neglected the last few months due to me moving out of my house and into my motorhome full time with my 2 dogs. I am a CPDT-KA, Certified Professional Dog Trainer that loves to study why dogs do what they do, and also how people react or interpret the dog’s actions and emotions. My blog focus is how to live well with your dog.
- Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
I attended Blog Paws in Nevada in May. It was eye opening and I hope to go again this year. Very educational and fun to network, I highly recommend attending if you are new to blogging.
- What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
Speak from your heart, find your own voice and own focus. That’s the message that I’ve heard over and over. It’s a brave thing to put yourself on display for the world, so I have a lot of respect for all the bloggers of the world.
- What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
I’m still learning this one. Sorry, I’m just too new to this great world.
- What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
My blog on my beloved dog, Minnie passing. http://tailsfromtheroad.com/miss-minnie It was very popular as she was a memorable dog to those who met her.
- What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
I really like writing when I get myself on task. Announcing my new home, “The Minnie”, was my favorite.
- Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
I have not done any reviews yet. Not sure when I will do that, but I like the idea. There are definitely products that I would endorse that I use with my dogs. I would only review products that I use and am passionate about.
- What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers? Stay focused on your own path.
- What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
To find my voice, reach more dog loving folks, make new friends.
- If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
Still having challenges in getting Facebook page likes. Will continue to pursue avenues on that on. Here’s my Facebook page
New to our blog? Please introduce yourself and say hi. Let me know where you are located, maybe we can meet in person some day when I make it to your state. Thanks for Blog Hopping.