This is going to be crazy Fun!!! If you love to Take Your Dog Along, this is the place for you. 4 Paws Kingdom Campground & Dog Retreat is heaven on earth for dogs and the people who love them. The Take Your Dog Along Club is hosting a Rally at this fabulous RV Park.
Come Early, Stay Late! Official time is Thursday evening through Sunday morning but some of us will be there Wed and leaving on Monday. This is a no pressure event, it you want to skip some events and take a nap, then you are welcome to do so.
The only fees that we are charging is for food provided and any activities that you do outside of the park will of course be your expense. 1 lure course is provided by the campground, there is a fee for more.
Yes, you need an RV. All cabins are booked, call to get on a waiting list for one if you are desperate.
For Early Arrivals:
- 10 am – hike in the area, bring a picnic lunch
- Mid Afternoon – Visit Parker Binns Vinyard – dogs welcome of course.
Official Kick off of the Rally!
- 5:30 pm – Welcome Take Your Dog Along group – Meet & Greet, Dinner provided. Bring your favorite beverages for a fun evening together. Dinner provided, small fee for this.
- Bring your best homemade Dog treats! – Prizes for the best treats, dogs will be judges.
- Discussion: Pet Photography – Tips & Tricks
- 9 am – Lure Coursing – on site at 4 Paws Kingdom, 1st course is free, 2nd there will be a small fee. If time and weather permit – dog swimming lessons at the pond.
- Noon – Hike – Pack a lunch – we are going hiking – 1-2 hours(max).
- 5:30 pm – Meet and Greet at Marshmallow Park. Bring a beverage to enjoy and we’ll provide happy hour snacks. Dogs welcome! – This is a park event.
- 7:30 pm Potluck dinner with TYDA group at the Pavilion
- Discussion: Dog Behavior – Problem solving
- 9:00 AM – Coffee & Paws – Take Your Dog Along group
- 10:30 am Scavingo! Scavenger Hunt game. – 4 Paws Park Event
- Join us for a 4PK favorite … where scavenger hunt meets Bingo! Wear comfortable clothing and bring a camera/phone for selfies.
- 2:00 pm – Become a trickster – Teach your dog a trick – TYDA group.
- 4:30 pm Barktoberfest Cocktail Contest – 4 Paws Park Event
- Bring a German-ish cocktail to share with your fellow campers. Everyone will have an opportunity to taste your cocktail and vote for their favorite with their $$$. The cocktail raising the most money will win a free camping night! All money collected from the cocktail contest will be donated to the Rutherford County chapter of Brother Wolf Animal Rescue.
- 5:30 pm Catered Dinner – 4 Paws Park Event
- Enjoy an appetizer of soft pretzel bites with warm cheese sauce and sweet Bavarian mustard. A dinner of German-inspired food will be served. Fee paid to 4 Paws for dinner.
- 6:30 pm – Live Music – 4 Paws Park Event
- 9 am – Meet at the Dog Park for Agility or more Lure Coursing. If weather permits, a swim in the pond and swimming lessons for dogs who have not tried it yet.
- Noonish: Group Hike for those staying the day.
- 5:30 pm – Group Social Hour at Juliet’s Place.
How Do I sign up?
- Call 4 Paws Kingdom and make a reservation today! The sites will book up soon, It’s Barktober Fest! Only campsites are available, all cabins are booked. 828-287-7324 Do not use the online reservation system, CALL THEM!
- Email Juliet at email@example.com and let her know you are coming.
- Your dog is welcome at all events, but they will probably need a rest, so be prepared to leave them if you can.
- The 4 Paws website is extensive, so look around there, as there is a lot of information. http://www.4pawskingdom.com/
- The weather should be 70’s in the day, cool at night. Bring clothes for all kinds of weather.
- If you don’t have a car, I’m sure you can ride with a new friend for off site outings.
- I’ll answer more questions as we go, but you are free to call me, just email first.